Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

LISTEN // Lorde

You’ve heard about Lorde, right? Gah, so amazing! In case you aren’t convinced…

10 Reasons Why You Should Love Lorde


1. She is only 16! Which could turn some people off, I was kind of confused-shocked when I first found out, but I decided it was awesome, because her voice is amazing and definitely does not sound like a teenager’s voice.


2. She is from New Zealand and her real name is Ella Yelich-O’Connor. What a name, amirite?!


3. She says shit like this, “It feels like a combination of my birthday, Christmas and washing my hair after a month of not doing so.”


4. While on topic...omg, THAT HAIR!


5. She is super cool and put out her EP for free because she wanted people her age to be able to listen even if they didn’t have a credit card. She said, “I think that’s bulls**t that you need to have one in order to buy songs.”


6. This song and video. 


7. Did you know that she signed a record deal when she was THIRTEEN??


8. She is also the youngest singer to reach No. 1 on the U.S. charts since Tiffany in 1987 with "I Think We're Alone Now."


9. She’s so obviously a total badass.


10. THIS VIDEO. So strange. So beautiful. So mesmerizing.


BONUS: This album artwork is badass.


No comments:

Post a Comment