Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

So, I ran a 5k...

...on Sunday morning and it went really well! I ran the 5k portion of the Quad City Marathon, there was also a Half Marathon, Marathon and Relay. I had ran one 5k before this, it was a Color Run and if you’ve ever been to one you know that it’s more walkers than runners. Which is totally fine, it was fun, but I was excited to try a more serious race. My boyfriend was kind enough to run with me (with zero training!) and he definitely helped keep my pace up, soooo I ended up with a PR! My time was 33:37, so my pace was 10:51. I was so excited! The fastest I’d ever ran a 5k (in my training) was about 36 minutes, so woot for me!



I’m going to use this great feeling to propel me into the next phase of my training. I friend of my has offered to create a training program for me that will help with my speed, so I’m excited to get started on that. I’ve signed up for a Turkey Trot 5 mile run over Thanksgiving, so that will be a good goal - then I’m going to have to work really hard to stay focused over the winter months. Gah, it’s just so hard once the weather turns to shit...I’m not a huge fan of treadmill work, but oh well.



Are you of you runners out there? Any tips? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment